NCYSA Classic Council Minutes
April 13, 2003
Attendance: Reggie Daily RCYSA, Joe Pata SCSA, Steve McCoy FVAA, Jeff Thomas CSC, Sean Bubb CSC, Dave Abbruzzese TCYSA, Paul Sproles GYSA, JoAn Allen PGSC, John Cirillo TRIANGLE FC, Tim Combs TASC, Bob Vranek NMYSA, Don Scarborough PSA, Jay Howell CASL, Steve Harrison KSA, Frank Gavigan BAYSA, Steve Limentani CSC, Rich Winslow GYSA, Andre’ Burger NCYSA, Vinnie Aragona SCSA, Mike Priest NCYSA.
Quorum was determined.
Minutes for October 20, 2002 were approved.
- A motion was passed to change the field requirements from the 4:1 ratio to a 6:1 ratio (with a minimum of 2 fields) for the Fall 2003 season. Associations are allowed to zero out two of the ten play dates, only one of which may be a Sunday. (Associations may no longer zero out both Sundays).
- There was discussion that in the future we may need to devise a system to reimburse the Associations that schedule a lot of neutral matches, as they do have to pay for the assigning of their fields.
- There was discussion about changing Sunday playing times in order to align those times with the other Sunday league times to better utilize the referees.
- The Region III Premier motion failed as written and will be rewritten for the next meeting by Andre’ Burger. (The motion will be withdrawn)
- A motion was passed changing the Transfer Sit-Out Policy from a four game sit-out to a two game sit-out beginning in the Fall of 2003.
- The Fall 2003 playing dates and State Cup dates were presented. (see attached)
- There was discussion regarding playing on artificial turf fields and that going forward it will become more and more common as a classic playing surface. If an Association submits artificial turf fields to Classic, beginning in the Fall 2003, they will be acceptable venues. (Motion necessary?)
- A motion was passed regarding mandatory scheduling meetings for the Premier teams, both men and women U14- U18. These mandatory meetings will be held on a Sunday afternoon in July for the fall seasons and in January for the spring seasons. (this year July 20, 2003) If a club representative does not attend they will be given a final schedule as a result of that meeting which will be official and binding. Premier teams will be allowed to reschedule one match using the rescheduling form.
- The Intents-to Play will be sent out May 30 th and due back to NCYSA on June 25 th. Non-counting matches will be scheduled unless teams state that they do not want any non-counting matches. If the Intents-to-Play are not signed by the Association President and do not come in all together from the Association, they will be returned. Late fees may apply. Hopefully this will eliminate missing intents and associations not knowing what divisional slots their teams are accepting.
- A Bracket Restructuring committee will meet and formalize a proposal to be presented to the Classic Council in July 2003. The proposal will update and restructure the playing brackets. Members of this committee are: Mark Moore NCYSA, Andre’ Burger NCYSA/Tournaments, Jay Howell CASL, Mike Priest VP Classic NCYSA, Sean Bubb CSC, Dale Altman JAX/OCSA, Chris Brewer TCYSA, Lori Leeder NCYSA.
- The Classic Council was told of several new committees which have been put in place as a result of the AGM President’s Meeting. One of these committees which will have a big impact on Classic is a recruiting committee. Work will be done in the next month in order for a proposal to be placed before the next Executive Board meeting on July 2003.
Meeting was adjourned.