Full Time Director of Coaching Job Opening
The Wilson Youth Soccer Association is a youth soccer club located in eastern North Carolina. As a home to approximately 300 players, the WYSA has established itself as a top notch small to medium sized club in North Carolina. Blessed with some of the best playing surfaces in the whole state, strong community support, and solid players, the WYSA is looking to build on that foundation. We are searching for a Full Time Director of Coaching to grow the Association in terms of both size and quality.
Reporting to the WYSA Board of Directors, the Director of Coaching (DOC) will direct and supervise the Club coaching staff and is ultimately responsible for meeting the Club’s overall objectives relative to player and team development.
Licensure: USSF A/B license or NSCAA equivalent
Playing Experience: College and/or Professional preferred
Coaching Experience: DOC experience preferred or a minimum 5 years youth
Coaching experience or 3 years as Professional or College Coach
• Demonstrated leadership qualities
• Excellent communication and dispute resolution skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to relate to and motivate youth and adults
• Possess integrity and follow ethically sound standards
• Committed to working a non-traditional work schedule
• Proven computer skills, including ability to use word processing,
spreadsheet, registration and website management programs
• Ability to create and execute a vision for the future success of the club
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coach one or more teams as necessary.
• Recruit and assign qualified coaches in consultation with the WYSA Board of Directors and Coaching Committee.
• Train and mentor coaches and help them plan and implement training sessions.
• Coordinate an outreach program with the goal of increasing the overall size of the Association. • Provide guidance to coaches on match management and how to interact with parents and
• Conduct age specific coaches’ clinics.
• Organize skills clinics.
• Enforce WYSA code of conduct for coaches, players, and parents.
• Develop a standard coaching evaluation process.
• Develop a standard player evaluation process.
• Track team progress and club development over time
• Assist the Executive Director with the Association tournament(s).
• Design and administer team tryouts.
• Recommend coaching assignments.
• Assist in the design of a parent education program
• Assist in the design of a college recruiting program and educate players and
parents on college playing opportunities
• Represent Club at functions, meetings, and events as directed by the Board.
• Report to the Board and attend Board meetings.
Salary range: $25,000 - 35,000 depending upon experience, qualifications, and completion of objectives.
Please send resume and letter of interest to our Executive Director, Richard Frazier at email@example.com
Application closing date: February 21, 2014
Anticipated start date: May 2014